Upgrading Kooboo CMS 3.x into the latest version is very simple. The standard upgrade procedure is:
- Download the Kooboo CMS released packages.
- Extract the Kooboo_CMS.zip into a new folder.
- Deploy the providers that your site are using into the BIN folder. See: Setup database provider, Setup template engines, Setup user provider
- Copy the Cms_Data of the old site into the new Kooboo CMS folder.
- Assign the IIS Web site to the new Kooboo CMS folder.
- Sometimes you need to reset the content type template. Go to content type, select the types you want to reset, and click Reset.
- If you have plugins or modules in your website, you need to re-compile them with the lastest plugin or mudule VS.NET template.
Upgrading from Kooboo 2.x or earlier versions requires some manual upgrading; please refer to the document in the Technical Articles for more information.